You are picking more than just a person to look at your teeth every so often. You want somebody that you know you can trust, someone you are sure has your oral health and dental care needs as a top priority all the time. When selecting the best Tustin, CA dentist, the decision is typically a long-term commitment.
So, it’s not the kind of decision that should be taken lightly. You would never randomly select a doctor off of a list to perform serious surgery or to take care of you when you get sick. While it may not seem as important as a primary care physician, finding the best dentist for you is a critical decision for your overall health.
Maybe you only visit your doctor when something goes wrong or feels off, but a dentist is a person you should routinely visit several times per year and their professionally-trained eye can alert you to far more than simple oral health issues. Dental visits have gained a bad rap over the years, but at Rafi Dental Group, we guarantee when you pick the best Tustin dentist, seeing them is a great experience, not a hassle.
We’ve put together this helpful post to aid your search to find the best Tustin dentist to ensure you have a place to feel comfortable and welcome. We know that we are the Tustin dentist for you, but to help you better understand why here are things to consider and look for in the best dentist so you can make the decision yourself!
Start With the Basics
No need to make the process any more complicated than it needs to be, so always begin with the basics. Chiefly, which Tustin dentist accepts the insurance coverage you carry? You do not want to pick a great dentist only to discover the dental office doesn’t fall within your coverage and then start the search over. So, be sure to keep these factors in your initial search:
- Is the Tustin dentist in-network for your insurance?
- How does the dental office accept payment? Do they take personal checks or other forms of payment you may use?
- Is the dental office near you?
- What are the office’s hours and do they work for your schedule?
- What are the dentist’s qualifications? Are they a member of the American Dental Association or other reputable groups?
There can be many other questions and considerations to keep in mind for your unique circumstances, but these strong general principles tend to be areas to pay attention to in order to guarantee there are no problems down the road. These factors also provide you a sound baseline as to what is most important for you as you continue further into the scouting process!
Now that you have a much better idea of the things weighing heavily on your needs and selection, you can actually look around and see what your options are to form a list of candidates. Thankfully, finding a Tustin dentist has never been easier by doing these things:
- Beginning your search online is naturally the best method. Search for dentists in your predetermined area and check out the reviews, website, and anything else you think could be valuable.
- Ask friends, relatives, or co-workers that you trust and see which Tustin dentist they visit. If they love them, you probably would as well.
- If there is a local dental society, reach out to them for dentists they recommend. They have a more intimate knowledge of the industry and can be great resources.
Remember, each individual has specific dental care requirements, and simply because a dentist was the right fit for somebody else does not inherently translate into working best for you and your needs! Try and rid your list of candidates that clearly don’t work for you and create a shorter list to work with for the following steps in the process!
Schedule A Meeting
Remember that shortlist we mentioned just a minute (or paragraph) ago? Take it out and begin calling around to set up a meeting schedule at the dental offices you like. This gives you the chance to see the dentist in person and get to know them better, but without any commitments, if you’re not comfortable with that step yet. Some things to notice during the sit-down meeting should include:
- Look to see if the dental office looks comfortable and inviting. Does the staff appear friendly and happy to have you there?
- Have the dentist explain a little bit of their background and the way they like to approach your dental care. They should be able to give you an outline of what oral care under their watchful eye would look like. Form a list of questions beforehand that you would like to ask about the dentist or the dental office.
- Review your dental history with them if you were previously at another office to give the Tustin dentist a baseline understanding of your past.
- Ask about insurance and if they are familiar with/accept your provider.
Any of these indicators are great things to pay attention to and store in your memory bank when scoping out the best Tustin dentist for you. Don’t limit yourself to just these tips alone, however. This is your decision in the end and nobody understands what you need more than you!
Make A Selection
This is the fun part! You did all the due diligence of a responsible person and are prepared to make the final decision for you and possibly your family. So, it’s now the point where you pick your new Tustin dentist and schedule an appointment! A great dentist is your partner for all things teeth and oral health and should genuinely care about you, your needs, and overall health as much as you do — if not even more!
Everything you would require when looking and picking the best Tustin dentist for you is right there in front of you. The best-case scenario would be that all these steps to finding the perfect dentist for you are smooth and easy. And, by the way, we happen to know of a pretty great dentist near you!
At Rafi Dental Group, we understand what you should look for and desire when selecting a best Tustin, CA dentist for you and your family. It would be an honor if you gave us the chance to show you how we are the ideal dental office for you. Let’s begin creating you and your family’s beautiful smiles now by contacting us today and scheduling an appointment!